Re: [RC] [AERC-NC] status update - John Teeter

On Aug 15, 2007, at 1:56 PM, TBen425@xxxxxxx wrote:

John can I purchase straw for bedding at the ride site?
Thanks, Terry Benedetti

Terry,

I'll set out 5-6 bales of the straw for this ride for all to use. Just be considerate to everyone else's needs as well. I will spread them out in such a way that (hopefully:)

1) the bales are relatively close to where people may be parked. It will be the case that you will likely have to carry it a little ways but not too far.

and;

2) the bales will help to define the road-ways that I need to keep open during the ride for people to get in/out successfully. I'll stagger the bales (3 on the main pass through ridecamp and have them also up the line where the pens are located.? So when you pull in, (using your spacial imagination:) you'll see the place to drive (i.e. not park:)?delineated?by imaginary lines connecting the straw bales ... too bad the imaginary lines won't glow in the dark ... will have to work on that.

So, the short answer - the straw is free for bedding (but the dust may cost you ...:)

jt