Re: [RC] Arkansas Sale Barn (from another list) - patty peck

I've bought some nice horses at the auction.  I still have one that is 23 years old,  I got her when she was 5.  I have only had one horse that didn't work out, he was really nice but had navicular.  I haven't been to an auction in years,  but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I were horse shopping for a bargain.

Patty

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I know people hit hard times and some good horses end up at the auction,
but my personal experience is that they send a horse to an auction when
they don't want to face a buyer and answer questions. If that horse
breaks ropes, bucks, is lame, etc. and they don't want to lie to someone
about it and have them come back and tell them they lied, they send them
through the auction. I have bought horses that went through the auction
*later*...after someone else took them home and found out why they were

Patty Peck
lakeviewranchride.com