[RC] A different view on Tevis - Chipnml

Okay, I haven't checked ridecamp for a couple days since I'm having a horrific week involving transmission trouble with my tow vehicle, a broken saddle, and my other vehicle overheating, plus tons of work piled up from having taken my nice vacation.....but I just HAVE to share this:  I was doing laundry from my vacation at my mom's, and she took one look at the socks I was wearing when I was at Tevis, and said "These will never get clean."  I told her that I would wear them next year for good luck, and Debbie and I were calling that color "Robie Brown," since that's the color everything is once you've eaten the dust at Robie Park.  Well, I passed that on to Debbie, and she said she'd taken the inserts out of the shoes she wore at Tevis and put them in her other running shoes, and now the socks she wore with THEM are "Robie Brown."  I told her that must be what they mean when they say Tevis gets in your blood....which may be true, but WE know now that Robie gets in your socks!

Chip