[RC] Endurance riders ARE compassionate - Cindy Collins

I just have to speak up after reading one post where the person states that endurance riders are so competitive that they are not compassionate.? Yes, there are a few distressing cases where this has happened, but those stand out and are upsetting because they are UNUSUAL.? In 27 years of endurance riding I have seen numerous cases of very competitive riders stopping to help injured riders.? Kathy Arnold, one of the most competitive riders I know (won Tevis, BH, and ROC), stopped when I was injured and put me on her horse and walked on foot with me on her horse to the next vet check.? Heck, Frank Solano and I basically gave up a BH 100 finish to stay with a gal who freaked out on the narrow canyons trails of the BH and refused to do anything but walk.? There are WAY more stories about endurance riders who gave up their finish to help some one.? Don't make assumptions based on one or two bad apples.? Cindy

Cindy Collins