[RC] Molasses/sugar over concern - sherman

I was curious about the lack of information regarding the Farmer’s Best Showsweet Shredded Beet Pulp, so I called and talked to their nutritionist. She advised me that they do not add any molasses to their product. They do put back in some of the processing water which is brown and may have some mineral content, but as much of the sugar that can be removed is removed. And from the bag, protein is not less than 8.5%, fat not less than .5%, fiber not more than 17%, ash not more than 8%.

Kathy

Karen wrote:

Here's the link to the chart on molasses, fat, protein and fiber:

http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/molasses.html