Re: [RC] Horse Washing Mouth Out - Cris Potmesil

My gelding has a habit of really dirtying up his water when he is in his stall...and it extends to the big water tank outside too.

No advice for while on trail but have you ever had his teeth done? I have a 23 yr. old nearly toothless QH gelding who does this all the time too. He still has a couple of chewing teeth way in the back on one side and our best guess is he gets balls of grass and hay kinda stuck back there. I think maybe it's called Quidding when they can't really chew completely and just wad it up in a ball and end up spitting it out. I'd have an equine dentist really check out his mouth, teeth, and bite.

It could also just be a water playing habit and I dunno what to tell you about that.