[RC] Jeremy's crew mistake - Kathie Ford

Yes, it was a serious mistake and should only be discussed in the light of which riders can discuss behavior with their crew members to understand how imperative it is that they abide and behave and are courteous and respectful of others.

The safety issue was a serious one and almost got a volunteer seriously injured or even killed. Also there was transport trailer w/a horse in it that had to back up "uphill" on that narrow road.

Verbal abuse and disrespect was also an issue.

So please riders, please share w/present and future crew individuals AND owners if that applies, to respect the officials, volunteers, check point heads, and RULES INCLUDING SAFETY issues. They are in place for a reason and to keep all safe thru out the day. They are not friviolous, they are to be adhered to for a reason.

Also, there are many many volunteers that try very hard to make things go well for the riders and their crews. If crews don't do their part there is much more work to do and we are all tired just like everybody else!

At Robinson, we gave out garbage bags for cleanup. It still took us about 3.5 hours to clean up all the hay, mash and mess/garbage before we could leave that checkpoint. The forest service is very picky up there and if we don't leave it clean then it makes getting a permit again more difficult. I got yelled at by a crew member because I was doing my job giving out hay in a bag to make is simple. Go figure.

Also, some crew folks were trying to "park on the sly" in an area that the pilot car and others were trying to get back by. I was out there with the Forest Service guy trying to put stuff there to block it. He was not happy. I was trying REALLY hard to help him do this to make efforts and a good example that we DO care and want to FOLLOW the rules they give us for use of the place to appease him and show some respect for that area in general.

Much to think about.

kathie

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!? http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1