[RC] Chase the Wind AH - TEVIS - frank solano

Congratulations to ALL the Tevis riders, particularly to those who finished the 100 miles.

I remember the day that Sharon Magness (from Magness Arabians) told me that I could go through the Armand Hammer horses she and Bob had just bought and pick any colts I might like for 1500 dollars.  Bob and Sharon had just bought the Armand Hammer herd of Russian-breds after Mr. Hammer's death (Town and Country Arabians in Florida).  I remember walking through the herd of horses and watching the colts run in the pastures outside of Platteville, Colorado.

I found a yearling I really like.  I told, Tom Hudson (manager of Magness Arabians in Colorado) that I'd take Chase the Wind AH.  He said that he'd call Sharon and tell her which ones I liked and that of those, I had settled on Chase.

After seeing the list of horses I picked, and after looking again at Chase the Wind AH, Sharon decided that none of the yearling colts I had picked were for sale after all.  Most of them ended up on the flat track, racing with the Ashbys.  Chase the Wind AH (Shakey, as he came to be called) was one of them.

How wonderful to see him finish Tevis third this year.

I was so happy to see him become an endurance horse and leave the track.

Frank Solano