[RC] Sunny belongs to ANN Crandell! :-) - rides2far

Hey guys,
This is a good time to clear up some mis-reporting I did at OD. I said
Sunny (the horse that seems to be leading at Tevis with John Crandell up)
belonged to *Linda* Crandell. Well, Linda is the  John's who rode
Heraldic's mom. Sunny belongs to John's WIFE, Ann. So, I asked Ann to
please explain who's who in the Crandell clan for those of us who are
confused. Here's her explanation (I asked her to brag!) P.S. When she
says John & Linda she means John Sr.):  I should have posted this in
June, but I think some great Panty War or something started up and then
the time just never got right again. Now is a very good time.

<snip>

Sure, I'd love to brag.
First -the Crandell clan
John and Linda Crandell-live in Maryland at Long Run Farm raising
Arabians
for many years. Bold Soldier there since 1987. Both have competed since
70's
and won oodles of rides and they are super folks.
Three sons.
John and Ann live in Star Tannery, Virginia (moved there to be close to
training trails for OD) One son - Yancey - he has started competing in
some
30's and a 50. You know about John. I stopped riding when Yancey was
about
2, wanted to compete in ultra-runs and couldn't do both. Once I got my
brain
straightened out and got a really good horse, I am back to riding. Just
got
to get nerve enough back to compete him in these fast rides. Heraldic
actually belongs to John's Dad. John has been competing also on a
half-Moyle/Arab. The big buckskin Rammit who is doing really well also
for
his size. And there are lots of youngsters in CTR and limited distance.
Jay and Patricia live in Maryland He does not compete anymore, bad knees,

but he does help at OD occasionally.
Jeff and Kathleen live in The Plains, VA. They have competed quite a lot,

both taking a break with new jobs and both just getting over really bad
cases of lyme's disease. Have 3 wonderful kids we are trying to get out
there. The daughter Allison has been drag riding for OD many times. Jeff
won
an Asgard horse - Logistic-. He was doing really well, top ten in OD that

awful hot one a couple years back. Then found out he had lyme's (the
horse).
He is well now.
HH Saba Shams which is Morning Sun was born here in Star Tannery in June
1,
1999. Jeff got him started for me, he has been training horses in natural

style for many years and he came up to me one day and said you have quite
horse there. So when I got him out on trail and realized what a joy he
was,
I knew it was time to get back into riding. He has never really spooked,
loves to go.
When we were headed out to the Tevis last year, we got a call from Bob
that
his horse was lame and he hoped we were coming out with an extra he might

borrow. He wanted to get his 10th Tevis buckle. So he rode Sunny into a
top
ten in his first hundred and Bob got his buckle. He called back this
spring
and wanted to come ride the OD before it moved, if it does. I had been
secretly planning on doing it, but OK, I'm a great crew person. So that
is
where we are now. Sunny was out playing with his half-brother Grayson
this
morning so I think he has recovered well.
I forgot two more Crandells.
Joe and Donna. They have a natural horsemanship training program called
Crandell Horseworks. They are very good and start all the Crandell horses

now. They are in Md some and VA some.
Joe is Papa John's first cousin and Donna is Linda's first cousin. How is

that for keeping it in the family?
snip<

So there you have it, the "Authoritative Guide to the Crandell Family"
:-)

P.S. John had BETTER be good to Ann...any woman who'd loan you a horse
that won OD  is a keeper!

Angie