[RC] Broken EZ boots - Cunningham, Marci

In 20 years of using EZ boots I have never had a broken cable.  Some cables have gotten frayed but they have never broken.  My guess is that you may be putting them on too tight.  I use my foot to close the buckle but never have to stand on it to make it close, which makes them snug but not tight.  Since I use the boots over shoes I wrap the hoof with vet wrap before putting on the boot and have never lost an EZ boot put on over a shoe.  I used them successfully this way on 1 horse during the 2004 XP for 600 miles over 5 weeks of the ride.  My dead EZ boots all have worn out bottoms.  I am on my last red boots and will cry when they wear out.  Is it still possible to buy red EZ boots?

Marci Cunningham

Bakersfield CA