[RC] Renegades - Kathy Mayeda

I wanted the blue.  I guess the orange ones are okay though...

Too bad - it would be fun to have matching jelly shoes for the rest of the tack....  Orange is not my color!

I wasn't to crazed about the velcro either.

I think that these boots could be fun for those horses under light work and are newly barefooted.  Not sure that I would rely on them in an endurance ride, although I have to admit that I've broken Easyboot buckles on a ride more than once!  (But they didn't fall off either despite that.)

Different topic re: Easyboots and hocks. (I guess I should get off of digest and go to individual posts...)   I bet the two aren't related!  I have done a few 50's up until a few years ago (shod), had my horse's hocks x-rayed and there were some "changes" and injections were recommended.  I decided not to do endurance for awhile and had my horse barefoot because we were just dinking around (mostly because my brain was fried from career stuff).  I put shoes one for half a year last year and his heels got real contracted, so I had the shoes pulled.  He's barefoot now and I've completed 30 miler in Easyboot Epics.  I then tried to do a 50 in Epics in May but he was pulled at 35 miles for lameness.  I honestly don't think that it was the Easyboots - I think there were other issues besides that, and I decided that he's going to be retired from endurance because lack of money and time to micromanage him.   He's still my trail buddy and will probably be barefoot the rest of his life.

I'll just have to get my ding-dong Bey Shah horse sane enough to do endurance!  He's the one that's driving me to do Parelli.

K.