Re: [RC] [RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Endurance events test new ideas - Barbara McCrary

FEI became involved in endurance in the USA in 1986.  It was already involved in Europe earlier than that.  But back then, there was still some semblance of endurance riding.  I'm not sure what it has become now, but the flat-land races in the UAE look different than any endurance riding I ever knew.  And I don't know what it has become in countries with more elevation change than the UAE desert has.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Endurance events test new ideas

Y'know, it's really nice of the FEI to re-organise endurance riding/racing for the world. But I wonder how many of  the things that they are having to "fix" are actually a result of their involvement. That is, without FEI participation, would any of these things be problems? They only got involved about what...eight years ago?
Maryanne