Re: [RC] Tevis - Patty P

I guess I pictured them being somewhat creative in showing the a variety of the day....not live, but an edited show.......some footage of people getting ready in the morning...some interviews...the start, some shots on the trail here and there...cougar rock shots...the bridge or river crossings...a few of the winners coming across the finish line, and even some footage of the awards, dinner, camping meals, and a few interviews at the end. Id think that would be very interesting for anyone who loves horses...not a camera set up in one place all day...that would not work. LOL

-------Original Message-------

From: Dana B.
Date: 7/23/2007 8:44:31 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Tevis

Patty P <desertridingal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is Tevis televised? If not, why? Id think the local news would be interested...

The local news *might* give it 15 seconds of coverage....maybe..."There's a 100 mile horse race happening from Lake Tahoe to Auburn this weekend"  will be about the extent of it.  I can't even imagine them sending a crew to Cougar Rock or Swinging Bridge - with the hike it would take them the better part of the day and then they wouldn't be available for "breaking news" like Paris Hilton getting a speeding ticket ;-p

The best local media coverage will be in the Auburn Journal.  It generally has interesting stories like this one:

Dana Baldwin