[RC] Morgan horse update:-) - CTH

Hi
Please forward to others.
A Huge thankyou to everyone. With the money promised and the money already gifted we can take care of the horses now. This started out as an overwhelming project and is now coming to an end with a happy ending. I wish I could HUG each and every person who helped.
I just spent a very long cold day outside.
With the help of friends we managed to worm all the horses .
I spent $320.00 on wormer, grain, salt blocks and mineral block this morning.
We took really nice alpha hay to lure them into the pens.
The horses loved the mineral block. They all took turns licking it and slurping it down
Borrowed panels and hauled mine there.
We could make catch pens. These horses for the most part are friendly but not used to being handled.
I can not believe the difference in the horses just over the last few days
I think the delousing made them biggest difference. The biggest difference I noticed was the eyes. There was sparkle in their eyes. Like they had hope.
Brett Janzen and his mom Christy brought in the renagades 2 stallions and a mare that went awol in the fall. They are in great shape having made themselves at home on a field of hay that did not get a second cut.
Brett made a deal and bought a beautiful palamino stallion. (He will be a gelding Monday.) Simon is also is getting gelded.They were the AWOL stallions.(I would not want a mare in that neighbourhood....lol spring time surprise
The 4 round bales in the field are almost gone.More hay on its way.
The cost of hay is $45 per round but they are huge bales. 1500 to 1600 pounds. Delivery is about $200. We ordered 15.
A tractor is going to have to work very hard to get the way cleared. The snow is really deep. I stepped off the path packed down and sunk to my butt. This is going to be a big  job getting the hay into where it needs to be.
The owner also does not own a tractor so she can not move the bales arround so the guy delivering will have more work then usual.
Good news is she sold a couple extra horses she had planned on keeping.
Dr. Roxy Bell is going tomorrow and will be looking horses over. (she is not charging just helping out) Roxy is one of our best endurance vets, She is also the vet that saved my Sidney when he was so sick. http://www.canadiantack.com/Articles/SID.htm
I can't thank everyone enough who has sent or gifted money to help out. It felt so good to be able to load up my truck and take food and meds to these horses.
Little Talisman is off to the vets tomorrow to get his face cleaned up from the halter damage and he will be gelded as soon as the vet thinks he is in good enough shape. He has found a good home to go to in a couple weeks.Gin is going to foster care until her new owner can arrange for her to go north to her new home.
Wildfire, Precious and her baby and Minnie Mouse were the worst cases on the property. They are going to a farm in Lloydminster Alberta. Debbie has box stalls for them and lots of food. Hopefully there will be no lasting problems. Put them in your prayers.
The owner has agreed to geld or sell all but one stallion. That stallion will not be running with the herd.
I had a long talk with her today. We will be keeping a very close eye on her in the future. This will not be allowed to happen again.
I will be talking with her about placing the foals from this spring for sale as weanlings. She said she would not breed the mares at all this year.
Money that is left over I would like to donate to a rescue organization in Alberta.
The up side to this is the Morgan Breeders in this Province are now looking into forming a Morgan rescue group.
We were so lucky to find good homes for these horses.
I will post an updated list of horses on the web page Sunday night.
Thanks again!!!
Paddi