[RC] Bowed tendon - Tamara Woodcock

I have a 3yo filly out on a lease whose leasee just told me the filly now has a bowed tendon.

Now I haven't seen the filly (she's in Florida, I'm in Texas), and I can only go by what the leasee is telling me.? It looks like the filly will be shipped back to me, but I need to know how to rehab this leg.? It appears to be a high bow on her left hind.

I will NOT do surgery on the filly.? Rehab is her only option, but she can have a year to get sound.

I think this is actually the 2nd injury to that leg in a month.? At Christmas, the filly got in a fight and looked to have been kicked in that leg.? Same high swelling, was off for a couple of weeks, then put back to very light work.? Tendon bowed again Monday according to leasee.

Currently being treated with bute, wraps (both hinds), hosing and DMSA/Dex twice a day.

What is the current best practice for dealing with a hind leg bow?

-Tamara

Tamara Woodcock
Aelfleah Farm
Scurry, Texas