Re: [RC] Connection - Marlene Moss

We currently have satellite – which is great if your only other choice is dial up.  But it is affected by weather.  Huge thick clouds will block signal.  Snow will accumulate on the dish.  If you do a big download (ok, hubby is a developer and works from home with a data intensive job as well as running about 8 different websites for a side business), they will cap your download speed.  Download speeds are decent, upload, very slow.  Latency sucks.

But we have a better solution!  We live in an area that doesn’t currently have any other options, but close enough to a city to be in a desirable fringe of high speed access potential.  We found a guy looking to expand his high speed business and our property has sufficient visibility to surrounding populations.  So he is putting a 120’ tower on our property.  We get REALLY high speed (not capped like the average customer) for FREE, plus it will give us wireless over a good part of our property, which includes our barn and the announcers booth at our arena.  So we’re going to be able to put a wireless monitor in our barn – webcam, foaling stall monitoring and just for fun for some of our remote boarders who don’t get to see their horses very often.

It should be set up this week – I can hardly wait!  Now I just have to take my satellite to ride like the Duck and we’ll be set!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com