RE: [RC] Disclosing past health issues when selling horses - Karen Standefer

Hi, Anne.

Do you refund the money if you take the horse back for some reason?

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anne Heilgeist
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:36 PM
To: Cynthia LeDoux; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Disclosing past health issues when selling horses

I disclose as much as I know about a horse because I want the buyer and horse to be a good match.  And I tell them I want the horse back if the match doesn't work out.

If the prospective buyer asks to see the vet records, I sign a release allowing my vet to fax the buyer a copy....and the buyer needs to refer to their own vet for interpretation if needed.  Otherwise, I expect the buyer to obtain and pay for their own prepurchase exam.  I also provide the horses feeding and training routine.

Ultimately, I want the match to work...so I provide all the information I have...including my interpretation of the horse's personality.

Anne Heilgeist

Checked by AVG Free Edition.