From: Susan
Subject: Re: [RC] Refusal of entry

...Is there another avenue we can take to make AERC and the rude riders aware of the behavior or are we forced to
protest in order to document the behavior?
People tend to think that a ride as "an AERC ride." It isn't. It is the Ride Owner's
ride. The ride is not owned by AERC, and merely being "managed" by the
Ride Manager, like some kind of hired consultant. AERC merely
agrees to "sanction" the ride, provided that the Ride Owner abides by AERC's
rules. The only penalty that AERC can inflict is to withdraw
its sanction. (And it would sound pretty strange if AERC withdrew
sanctioning because a Ride Owner decided to deny entry to a
contestant widely regarded as problemmatic.)

This makes me curious. Do AERC and the Ride Owner sign any kind of
a contract that lays out in legal language, "You agree to do this, and we
agree to do that" in order to become an AERC-sanctioned ride?

I should like to read the text of the agreement between a Ride Owner and
the American Endurance Ride Conference. Is there any place where I
can get it online?

Corollary--a Ride Owner should form a corporation to own the ride, and
protect themselves from individual liability.

Does AERC forbid the Ride Owner from placing *additonal* conditions
upon Ride Entrants above and beyond (or in potential conflict with) what
AERC requires?

Linda Marins

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)