[RC] Emergency Medical Instructions (was: Permission to treat) - k s swigart

Here is what I require from every person whose horse I have in my care,
and that I give to every person who has care of my horse.  Note that
this is instructions to a veterinarian.  I takes the person who is
handing it to the vet out of the loop.  My vet says he wishes ALL horse
owners and caretakers had them.  Anybody who goes out of town to an
endurance ride where they are unreachable and leaves horses behind needs
to leve instructions to a vet behind as well  (worked GREAT when my
horse needed care when _I_ was hospitalized because of an accident at an
endurance ride).

kat
Orange County, Calif.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS
Name of Horse Owner
Address:
Phone (Home):   (Work):
Name of other Person to Notify in case of Emergency:
 Phone
Name of Horse:    Breed:
Age:    Color:    Sex:
To: Attending Veterinarian:
I am the owner of the above named horse and have the authority to
execute this consent.  In the event that I cannot be reached and
emergency treatment is necessary for my horse, I hereby authorize the
performance of the following procedure(s):

and I agree to pay for treatment, not to exceed a limit of $   .
If the condition from which my horse is suffering is life-threatening
and in your judgment the horse is in unbearable pain with no hope of
recovery, you are authorized to perform euthanasia and have the animal
removed from these premises, and I agree to bear the cost.
I do/do not carry insurance on my horse.
Insurance Company   Policy No:
Insurance Co. 24 hr. Tel No.
Social Security #    Visa/MC #
Signature of Owner:    Date: