[RC] Cure for Staph infection - rides2far

Is that how you spell staph...or is it staff? Oh well, spell check likes
both and doesn't know how I plan to use it.

Just got a call from Josie. She had to go to the doctor today because she
had this nasty *something* on her upper arm. First looked like poison
oak, (though she didn't think she'd been around any) then it swelled up
big, and had heat and got a sore from her scratching it. Finally she came
and showed me she could freak out her sister by pressing on it and having
oozy clearish stuff come out in large quantities. :-P  Looked like an
infection to me and the best stuff I knew for drawing was Ichthammol, so
I went and got the tub from the barn and gobbed it on and covered it up.
Well, Bill wasn't happy with that so he made her a doctor's appt. It was
a day and a half before she got to go in and by then it looked much
better, had gone down and seemed to be healing.

When Bill told the doctor that Josie has never been on anti-biotics in
her life he couldn't believe it He looked at the arm and said it was a
staph infection, but it seemed to be healing well. Josie told him about
the horse medicine and he laughed and said it seemed to be working. He
gave her a prescription for some soap and anti-biotics but said he'd hate
to mess up her perfect record so just take the anti-biotics if it quit
improving.

So...there's a teacher at school who has been fighting a staph infection
that they can't seem to cure and it just pops up here and there on her
body. I can't decide whether to have Josie go ahead and start antibiotics
in fear of that...or take the ichthammol to school for that teacher. :-)

Angie

.

ttp://www.lightersideofendurance.com