[RC] sharing rides - Juli Bechard

Ok, I'm very busy trying to plan my ride season come fall, but I have hit a snag.  I am truck and trailerless!!  I have access to one that I can borrow for in the city kind of stuff, or for an emergency, but I hate to take advantage of my wonderful friends here in town too often.

So, I'm bugging Ridecamp. I'm in Jacksonville, Florida, and am looking at entering the Distance Horse Classic on October 26th.  I would like to do the 25 mile ride there.  I also want to do JD's ride on Thanksgiving weekend....this is the one I'm most concerned about to be honest.  I would really like to meet a friend there who lives in Maryland.  I am planning on that being our first 50 mile ride.  I can camp with my friend, so wouldn't even need a place to tie the pony!  I am also oogling the Red Barn Run in Chester, GA on 10/13/07.

If there is anyone who has room for one horse and person combo for any of these rides, I am pretty much self sufficient!  I have my own tent, and only need a ride and a place to tie the nag.  He's well behaved, hauls well, doesn't argue with other horses, doesn't kick or bite, and has an owner that is more than willing to pay 2/3 of the gas to and from the ride.  Alpine's biggest fault is that he can take some coercion to get into a step up trailer-butt ropes work well.  My biggest fault is that I can talk all day if you let me and horses are the topic of conversation.  I can, however, talk about other things too...sometimes even intelligently!

I know it's only July, but for the October rides, that's only 3 months away!  (omg...need to ride my horse!!!!!  just had a time frame panic attack! I've been being lazy in the heat here and have given the nag a couple weeks of only short 2-5 mile slow rides).

Anyway, if you know  you are going to one of these rides and have an extra trailer spot, please shoot me an email!

Juli and the Herd

Alpine (who needs a ride)

Merlin (who is learning how to ground drive like a big boy)