[RC] Rushcreek - Marinera

I have a Rushcreek story. In 1986, 5 weeks before the Tevis Cup Ride, my horse fell with me and I broke my collar bone. If I tried to ride, I knew I could not manage my somewhat rough riding head strong Gazal. So Maryben, whose compassion knows no bounds, said to take her horse, Rushcreek Q-Ball. She said she was smooth and I could ride her with a halter.  She was right. Without having been on a horse in 5 weeks. I climbed on Q-Ball and she carried me to Auburn.  So naturally I had to have her. The still compassionate Maryben acquiesced  and Q-Ball and I  had many happy miles together.  She died after a Fireworks 50  with a ruptured stomach.  And for those that would crucify,  just  count your lucky stars. It could happen to you.
I have another Rushcreek mare now and I am very happy.  But a Rushcreek horse also has been my nemesis. It was Boyd Zontelli, Rushcreek  Hans  and fifteen minutes on the clock that denied me the Tevis Cup in 1985.  But, oh my, did I ever have a great ride that day.
Julie