[RC] [RC] facial paralysis due to twitching the nose - Patti

 We figured that the metal on the halter had pressed on the nerve too long and had damaged it.

I recently had my mustang colt gelded. The vet asked me to have a blanket ready - as soon as the colt went down he put the blanket under his head then undid the halter and made certain there was nothing pressing on the colt's face. Said that nerve damage can occur with only a few minutes pressure on the halter fittings. He's also careful about padding the speculum straps when doing teeth.

Patti K
Vail AZ