Re: [RC] Ride Em Cowboys Results Central - Susan

Oklahoma hadn't had this kind of heat and humidity till this ride.  The weather took it's toll on the horses.  We've also had a LOT of rain down here which softened hooves considerably.  Half of the pulls were lameness, 11 pulls were metabolic and 5 were OT.

The trails were WONDERFUL!  My horse was pulled for lameness and I later found out he had an abscess from a stone bruise he'd gotten at home.  I'd imagine most of the lameness were the same and not something that happened at the ride.  I'd also venture to guess some of the metabolic pulls had something to do with feet as well.

This was a well managed ride with a great camping area and well-marked trails.  There was water (all natural except for one tank) every 5 miles or so.  The CTR folks have rides at this location several times a year and just love it.  It's not too rocky or difficult but is technical.  I'm going to condition there as much as I can.  I really enjoyed this ride!

"Chastain, Shannon L." <slchast@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was just looking at the central ride results and saw that the subject ride had 58 riders in the 50 with only 26 competitions. I was originally planning on going to this ride but $'s stopped me. Does anyone know why the competition rate was so low in the 50?
Shannon
Missouri

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)