Re: [RC] [RC] What's she worth - REBECCA ROHWER

A buy back policy is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess a little more info might help too. I did have my own land, but have moved and am currently boarding her near by. So my costs in keeping her have changed considerably. Also my whole life style changed some what due to new employment.

From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
To: qkgold@xxxxxxx
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   What's she worth
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:24:51 -0400

> I'm thinking of selling a 19 yo retired endurance mare.  This is not >
an ad
> yet.  Am just wondering what you all think she might be worth for a >
starting
> price.  She is still in good shape with plenty of spunk.  You can
> e-mail me > privately at qkgold at msn dot com.

Where are you is a good question.  It's absolutely scarey in the SE right
now. A friend said he went to the horse sale in Moulton, AL and they ran
165 horses through in one night...broke, registered paints going for $60
a head. One buyer bought 70 horses. You KNOW where they're going. Just
makes my stomach hurt to think about broke horses going for meat. You
can't save all the grown unbroke horses but there's home for those guys
somewhere.

An older horse that's dead broke is usually in demand no matter how
arthritic it gets. Beginners love'em. My retired endurance horse Kaboot
is 18 and still about as useful for pleasure riding as a rocket car is
for running over to the grocery store. There is no market for him
anywhere and so he'll never leave my place. Rode him yesterday by the way
and he hit me with such a slam on the brakes spook that he popped my neck
and I have an awful crick!  I have sold my retired horse that were kid
broke to good homes though. If this horse had given me its best years and
I felt responsible for her I'd sell cheap with a buy back policy where
they have to offer it to me first.

Angie