Re: [RC] [RC] Re:RC What Shoes Really Do - Barbara McCrary

I would have to agree with this, that shoes on a horse help with traction, on mud or dry grass.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Paus
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Re:RC What Shoes Really Do

I wouldn't say this is necessarily so. Last year, a friend was riding my gelding who is shod. I was riding my mare who has been barefoot all her life. Both horses are agile as cats on hills. We had to ride down a very slick hill,... it had rained thenight before.

The shod horse went down that hill just fine. My barefoot mare lost her footing and she and I slid down the hill on our sides, my left leg under her body. Luckily neither of us was hurt.

There goes that theory.