Re: [RC] fender rubbing side of horse - Rae Callaway

I had this problem with my Abetta.  We finally figured out that the fender buckle was what was rubbing, and after shifting the fender so that the buckle was closer to the stirrup, it solved the rubbing problem.

----- Original Message ----
From: Pamela Freeman <shgerbey@xxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:20:11 AM
Subject: [RC] fender rubbing side of horse

Any help at all on this will be greatly appreciated..
Have finally found a saddle that fits my guy and me...
It is a Big Horn endurance with the cordura stirrup fenders.
Went on a condtitoning ride with a couple of friends and when we finished and untacked
I noticed he had a pretty wicked rub on his side right where my leg is positioned.  We did a lot of
cantering.  This spot has threatened to show itself before but never as bad as this. At the Biltmore last year
I just gave the spot a healthy smearing with Desitin. It is not raw but the hair
is definately compromised.  It is only on one side.
I'm wondering if I change and use leather stirrup fenders will this help or biothane straps?
Pam