RE: [RC] Rain Rot - Jim Holland

I really don't think it's contagious?.unless the ?close proximity? horses
are ?susceptible?.  I did a lot of research on this back when. It appears
that the ?rain rot? organisms are present on all horses?.it only becomes a
problem when the ?environment? on the skin/hair is right for the growth of
the organism.  I have never been able to get a consistent opinion on what
that ?susceptible environment? is.  I use the SAME equipment (grooming and
riding) on all my guys.  Magic NEVER gets rain rot....not once in the 6
years I have owned him.  Sunny has a patch now and then year round.  Wiedy
occasionally gets patches, but not nearly as much as Sunny.  I believe Angie
has a point?chestnuts are more prone to this.  However, Magic (who is gray)
has a heavy, dense coat, even in summer. Sunny and Wiedy, both chestnuts,
have a ?thoroughbred? coat?.extremely thin in summer, sheepdog in winter.
I?m more inclined to believe it has to do with the nature of their coat
rather than color.

It's raining here! Yeaaaa!!!

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland