[RC] Mare eating manure - sherman

I suspect this goes on more than we know. I’ve seen several horses do this, and especially the youngsters, apparently needing that bacteria to get growing.

Kathy

Just noticed my Arab mare eating fresh manure.... called the vet... he wanted to know when she was wormed last... just a week or so ago..
He said it was either boredom or she was replenishing her good bacteria... Does this sound right????

thanks
Jerri