Re: [RC] [RC] USEF Approves New Drug - Truman Prevatt

Sisu West Ranch wrote:
When dealing with situations like this it is always a hard decision to decide when the proper course of action is to publicly dissolve a relationship. Thoughtful people often disagree.
A classic example of a thoughtful resolution of this type of conundrum was published by the Continental Congress, July 4, 1776.
When the actions of one run so counter to you beliefs, then you have no choice but the divorce yourself from them in every way. The actions of the USEF (and I presume the FEI will probably follow) are much more akin to a state racing commissions - allowing this drug and that drug - to be used in big time professional sports than to the AERC which is a armature sport of recreational hobbyist that has spent the last several years raising the issue of equine welfare as a top priority.

Can we claim the moral high ground of horse welfare if we stand idly by and watch the USEF take an action is not only counter to the welfare of the equines participating in horse sports? Not only is it counter - it introduces additional risk to the equines participating on such "legal drugs."

I find it amazing that the very folks that complain about the AERC allowing Regumate and warn about nutrasutiles - are not up in arms over the USEF allowing horses to participate using pain killing NSIDS and defending the relationship with USEF through AERC-I.

For my part it is time for some answers from AERC-I.

1. What did they know and when?

2. If they knew nothing - why not and what the hell are they doing to represent AERC?

3. If they knew something - why were we all surprised by the USEF press release?

4. If they knew - what did they do to stop it?

4. For my money it's time to pull the cord - and be done with USEF.

It is time for some answers. In my opinion if we do stand idly by we deserve to painted with the same brush.

Truman

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics