Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:29 PM
Subject: [RC] saddle fitting problems

I have a mare that I am having a heck of a time with fitting. She is 15.1 and approx 1200 lbs, not fat just a big Morab mare. I have 2 specialized saddles, one a trailmaster one the english one. Our problem is she has no withers, they are literally flat, she has a wide back and wide shoulders. The saddle will creep its way up until it is stopped by her neck. And this is happening just working in the arena, no hills involved. I use a skito pad under the saddle. I am using a neoprene dressage girth, neoprene sheath with the stretchy girth part in the middle. Anybody have suggestions on how to keep this from sliding? The only thing I have thought of is to start training her to use a crupper.
Jess Spoone-Raines

Checked by AVG Free Edition.