[RC] FW: MSNM NEW ENTRY AND DIRECTIONS TO NEW CAMP. - Katrina Mosshammer

Hi everybody,

We went out this weekend and figured out our trails. The 50s will do the 17 mile loop 3 times and the 25s will do a 13 mile loop twice. The roads are nice and wide open. The trail goes around the end of the ridge, up to the top, runs along the top, then back down and runs along the valley. The roads that run along the top of the ridge and down along the valley are good roads that you can really move out on. The roads that go up and down the ridge are rocky in places so shoes are strongly recommended. I would not recommend doing this trail barefoot, but if you do, please carry hoof boots! If it were my horse, since this is a night ride and they can’t see as well to pick their footing, I would also put pads on my horse.

We didn't get to ride the whole thing this weekend so I'll try again next weekend. We did go out about 9:00 but the cloud cover was so thick you couldn't see the moon and we really didn't get any light off of it. Even so, we did the first 4.2 miles doing at a slow trot and some walking in 45 min. We started seeing lightning in the distance so we decided to head back and it took almost exactly the same time to get back. The plan next weekend it for me to do the entire 50 miles. (Anybody close want to come ride with me??)

I've go the new entry ready and it should be up on the online calendar in the next few days. If anybody has any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Oh, there are electric hookups on trees throughout the whole camp, so there is plenty of electricity for everyone that wants it. You may want to bring an extension cord though.

Thanks!!!

Katrina Mosshammer - Manager
Mid-Summer Night's Madness
Honobia, Oklahoma