RE: [RC] Water Trough Mystery--Update - Katrina Mosshammer

The tank I have is one of mom's old rusted out ones. I went and got a rubber liner for a Koi pond and put it inside the tank and then duct taped around the top to keep them from pulling the liner out. I has worked fine for me.

Katrina

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of melanie.o@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: July 02, 2007 11:59 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Water Trough Mystery--Update

Thanks Ridecampers.  I got lots of good suggestions re: my disappearing water and I've narrowed it down:

It has to be a leak.  But I'm damned if I can find it.  I've replaced the plug (it's a standard-sized Rubbermaid knock-off) and scoured the bottom for holes or cracks.  It is less than 2 yrs. old  and has not had any rough-use.  Also, it developed suddenly but seems to be worsening.  I'm losing the entire contents in less than 6 hrs!

The only thing I can think is that it is leaking around the metal plug holder.  Any one have suggestions on how to fix that?  Or just I just break down and buy a new tank?

melanie