[RC] Question for Ride Managers- beet pulp - Tx Trigger

I don't know about the east coast but here on the west coast ride
managers provide a bran mash instead of beet pulp.  I personally don't know
many
people that feed bran mashes very often if at all, but most do feed beet
pulp.  The cost is about the same so I am curious why bran instead of beet
pulp.<<<

Lucky ride managers provide ANY feed at vet checks. To me, it is just an
extra perk. Especially when they take the time to go buy the big 50 pound
bags of carrots that you can get in some areas, and have them at the vet
check too.  Why bran??? Yes, some it is old school, and they feed bran, so
that is what they send to the vet checks at their rides. Next, the beet pulp
sitting wet in the sun at a vet check goes bad pretty quick, where un-eaten
bran lasts a bit longer, waiting for the next horse to arrive that might
want to chow down in that feed pan. Again, if you don't like what management
has been kind enough to provide, you should send what you want your horse to
eat in a crew bag with someone.  I personally have never complained about
what management had at a vet check for the horse to eat, unless they did not
allow crews to take in any crew bags, and were not willing to haul in crew
bags themselves, and there was no grazing along the trail.  Shoot, Tevis
provides alfalfa at the vet checks, and my horse never eats alfalfa, but I
sure have no problem with him eating it there. Just eat!!!!

Jonni