[RC] Administering electrolytes - Fred & Cynthia Ross

Though I rarely use any electrolytes, I do want my mule to be used to taking a syringe for those times I might decided I do need to use elytes. So, at home I give her plain carrot baby food in a syringe on a regular basis. She fussed at first thinking any syringe was a wormer. Now, she thinks it is a big treat. I hold out the syringe and hold on tight! LOL. Otherwise she will swollow the whole thing! It has also stopped the fussing at worming time. I worm her then follow up with a dose of baby food carrots and she immideately gets over it.

Cindy R. in Maine