[RC] Advice on socks - sherman

My socks are not good enough for long rides. My thick, cushy synthetic blend (Joe Boxer) socks make my feet hot, not sweaty, though. If I wear my cotton socks, feet aren't hot, but as soon as we walk or ride through deep water, my feet feel terrible. Does anyone have a brand name sock to recommend that wicks moisture but won't make my feet hot?

Thanks,

Kathy