RE: [RC] Saddles-Thank you - Rebecca Wyatt

...Which is why I strongly recommend trialing some of the treeless saddles! They ship them to you and you ship it back to them, so all you need is a post office nearby :-)

A treeless would probably work well for your horse since it doesn't sound like he has high withers (although even high-withered horses can wear treeless saddles if padded correctly). Many times, high withers are a result of muscle atrophy from the bars of the saddle squeezing on the shoulders.

Are you looking for a saddle that you'll keep for a long time, or something to get you by until you can invest in something nicer? What's your budget? Where are you located?

There's also a Yahoo group called treeless saddles:
Sometimes you can find someone who lives nearby that will let you come and try their saddle out. The people are very helpful at the group.

It's also pretty easy to find a used Barefoot saddle for less than $500 - check out eBay and post to the Yahoo group above. I rarely (if ever) see used Sensations for sale, though.

Rebecca
--
http://www.ElatedEquine.com

My camera is broken. but he is barely 15 hands. He has an average back and low withers. He is a QH. I do understand that the sizes are different from different makers...however I cannot afford to keep trying saddles and returning them. The nearest tack stores are about an hour away. Ugh!