RE: [SPAM] [RC] Pull Codes/Accurate - heidi

Kudos for your long record with only one non-completion, Jeanne.

I've been blessed with some long "pull-less" stretches in my career as well--but sometimes the law of averages catches up, too.  I've had some real, honest-to-goodness RO pulls because my own health and ability to bounce has deteriorated.  Thank goodness I still got to go to the rides and take my chances.  I've also had some stinkin' bad luck that could just as easily have happened at any day on a training ride at home, and am glad that no harm was done, because I was able to stop before the problem became an issue that jeopardized my horse in any way.  I don't think my skill level in how I take care of my horses has decreased any--but I'm happy that the AERC is tracking the data so that we may all learn from it.

Heidi

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that the only intrest I have in my "pull records"start & end with my horses .It took me over 20 yrs & nearly 4000 miles to actually have a "pull" on my record & I could not care less what the record says but only about how my horse was doing that day.Only I know that & really only I care.
If I had a record of pulls that I could actually come up with a "pecentage of accuracy.".I think I'd be better off spending my time learning about how to ride my horses so I wouldn't keep getting pulled.I'm also aware that I don't race to win & those that do take more chances so will put themselves in a position to possibly get pulled more often than I do,but that is their choice.
I do have to smile when I see my "RO" pull at the Wine Country ride a few years ago.The horse broke free while I was trying to splash water on him in a creek 14 miles from the finish & ran off,tail up,snorting with glee.Was lost for 24 hours..worst night of my life,but found safe & sound next day .Certainly not this riders option...maybe HO??(horse option??)

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=