Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Gaiting

Lets not forget that the Tennessee Walkers and the Paso Finos are doing really, really well in this sport. They both were bred to have stamina. A friend of mine finished a fairly tough 100 miler last month up in this region on his Paso Fino who is only about 14.2 hds and the rider is a heavyweight. Foxtrotters are very nice but lets not forget to acknowledge that there are some other gaited breeds making a mark out there. I live in a region that has 2 gaited teams and they are fairly high in the points right now.
--------Karla/NW region
(who just bought herself a Paso Fino mare who has yet to get tired on conditioning rides)