RE: [RC] [RC] May 2007 Veterinary newsletter - heidi

Jim, the death reports (complete with all pertinent information for riders to learn from the death) ARE published.  As for the veterinary reports, the vet committee has made it clear time and time again that if such communications (which are covered by professional privilege) are to be published, they can't get any vets to write them, because of the litigious nature of our society.  So the result of your approach would be a big fat goose-egg.  If you want to tilt at windmills, go change the nature of our society--and then you can probably have all the vet reports you want.

Heidi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [RC]   [RC] May 2007 Veterinary newsletter
From: "Jim Holland" <lanconn@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, June 19, 2007 4:30 pm
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When a horse dies at a ride that is also “public” knowledge for those who were there.  Why don’t you implement a campaign to get the Vet Committee Reports on THOSE published?  We would get a LOT more info from that than publishing pull codes…and perhaps prevent a fatality or two.  I don’t consider that punitive either.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland
Three Creeks Farm
175 Hells Hollow Drive