Re: [RC] [RC] May 2007 Veterinary newsletter - Barbara McCrary

A very interesting concept.  Maybe that IS the way to go, so that no one will be offended.  DQ would cover everything. But then, there would be no statistics on how many lamenesses and how many metabolic problems.  Don't we learn something from matching the Ls and the Ms with the specific ride and its weather or terrain?

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] May 2007 Veterinary newsletter

Interesting, because I've never been able to figure out all of the confusion either.  If the vet deems you are fit to continue, then it is YOUR OPTION to pull, hence RO.
If we are truely concerned with the welfare of the horse, then get rid of it all and just put DQ, because I've seen way too many people go on with marginal horses just because they didn't want a pull code after their name.  If you don't believe this, ask me or other RM how many times people have called us up trying to change the code on their pull to 'not mess up their record'.  Tell me this is for the betterment of the horse.
Louise Burton, mgr of Okmulgee Cougar Prowl and Movin On UP 50
CT region
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms