Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.4989 - Tim & Carla Brady

Try the Irideon boot cut tights. They don't have the fitted, tight, skinny ankles like other riding tights. They flare out and will cover your boot or riding shoe like boot cut jeans. I have some in a gray-blue color and absolutely love the fit. They don't give the illusion that you're wearing nothing or riding in your panty hose.

I also love them because they are not like putting on the tights with tight ankles either. You don't have to pull and tug to get them up over your ankles. Then, when you're all hot and sweaty they just peel right off without a struggle to get them over your feet again.

On the subject of boots and shoes, I had asked the question way back about foot pain (in the ball of my foot) while riding and what to wear. I bought a new pair of Ariat Terrains and a pair of Ariat Pro Baby boots. The Pro Baby boots are made for riding whereas what they call the Fat Baby is NOT made for riding, it's too chunky.

The Pro Baby boots I bought are pull-ons and have a nice rubber sole, lots of toe room and the great Ariat insoles. They have the shorter tops and come up about 1/3 to 1/2 way up my calf. They are by far the most comfortable boots for walking and riding I've owned. I might get a little burning in the ball of my foot but nothing like I did in my worn out Terrains. I've only ridden in the new Terrains maybe 2 times because the otherPro Baby boots are so comfy and wonderful. Ariat makes the Pro Baby boots in a lace up version also.

By the way, I love Ridecamp. You guys are some very prolific posters. I have to scim the digests because it's just too much for me to read. I always have to read Bruce Weary's posts! They're either funny or very informational. I've actually hooted and laughed a little too loud at work while reading some of them....... :-)

Carla Brady
Pipe Creek, TX

<From: "geckogal85@xxxxxxxxx" <geckogal85@xxxxxxxxx>
<Subject: [RC]   Riding pants

<Hello all,
<I am sorry if this is an old subject. I am looking for some pants to ride in. I hate tights. I feel like I am not wearing <anything. I will actually ride in jeans and chafe my legs before I will ride in tights again. I have heard that there are <some affordable "western" type pants for people like me. I have searched online and not finding anything that is <suitable.

<Geckogal85