Re: [RC] [RC] Cost of hay - Barbara McCrary

My husband and I think that nuclear is the best solution to our electricity generation problem.  Now...how to deal with the energy needs to drive our vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, et al.)

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 6:51 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] Cost of hay

I guess I don't understand anyone dislike of ethanol. I live in the corn belt and I see thousands of pounds of corn sitting on the ground at elevators, rotting because we are not "using" it. I see hundreds of acres of great farm ground in set aside again because we are not using the crops the land could be producing. I would love to see all cars/trucks using a product from the USA instead of foreign oil then all that corn would be used. I am paying up to 30 cents less a gallon for ethanol here. Sure it does use energy to produce ethanol but it can and should use energy we produce in the USA again getting us away from foreign oil. This country is finally again seeing the value in Nuke and wind power.

Shannon
Nuke worker
Missouri