Re: [RC] The hay situation - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Joel and I live on a working cattle farm.  We have cattle and raise hay to sell.  It will take at least 750 large rolls of hay for the cows this winter, plus another 300 square bales for the horses.   I usually have plenty of pasture all summer, but my pasture is now literally a dry lot.  I am having to feed the horses hay NOW....that is unreal.  I normally start the hay in late Oct. to November.   Joel has gotten up about 500 or so rolls for the cows, and we have calls everyday from people wanting to buy hay...just don't have it to sell.  We have to get in what our own cows will eat first.

The price of the rolls for cows has been raised $2-$3.  Fuel costs drives most of that.

Jody