[RC] Spinal Arthritis - Bruce Weary

Hi Lisa--
I don't know of any verified method that correlates meridians to the diagnosis of arthritis in various joints. There are many practitioners in all medical fields that experiment with alternative (read unresearched or unverified) methods of treatment and diagnosis, and often times take liberties in the conclusions they make. As far as an "all over type of mild arthritis," this sounds to me like a vague generalization that doesn't really offer meaningful insight. Of all the different types of arthritis, even the systemic ones (like rheumatoid in humans) tend to attack certain joints, not all the joints in the body. It sounds like your horse is having pain that is affecting her locomotion, but I'm guessing her diagnosis is still unclear. She could have dysfunction of the sacroiliac joints, degenerative changes in the stifles, hips, or hocks, chronic strain of her lumbar erector muscles, "kissing spinouses" in the lumbar spine, and the list goes on. These types of diagnoses offer an understanding of the underlying problem and suggest appropriate treatments. "All over mild arthritis" does not.
My best advice would be to get a second opinion from an experienced large animal vet that is also certified in manual medicine/manipulation. Good luck with her, and I will probably regret giving you advice when you are kicking my butt on the trail someday. Dr Q