RE: [RC] De Elevator Rides - Smith, Dave

Evelyn:  My mustang gelding is also starting to play some interesting tricks it gain a bit of a rest.  Lately I’ve noticed that he will stop his trot on a long trail ride to nuzzle up to a bike rider who has pulled to the side to await our passage.  What is interesting is that he almost invariably picks out the cutest female bicyclist in the group.  I am starting to suspect he has figured out that I will probably linger a bit longer than otherwise making small talk if the biker is a sweet young thing.  Starting to wonder who has who trained.

--Dave.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evelyn Allen
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:02 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] De Elevator Rides

Oh yeah, we have a way-too-smart-for-her-own-good mare that tried the "I'm lame" trick on a few conditioning/pleasure rides.  We would mount, start to head up the road and then, oh my goodness, Amber is lame....we'd turn around and with the first step homeward bound, she was totally sound.  Knowing how clever she was, we realized her game and went for our ride anyway (watching her carefully to make sure she truly wasn't lame).  She tried it a few times, it didn't work, so she never bothered with that trick again.  That horse was full of mischief and still is at 29 years of age.