[RC] 2010 WEC/ Kentucky Horse Park - koppj

I rode in the Pyramid Challenge Ride at the Kentucky Horse Park for the first
time last Saturday.  We camped in the infield of the Steeplechase course and
rode some of the loops in the Kentucky Horse Park but the majority of the miles
were on adjacent farms along pastures or crop fields.  I had never ridden this
ride before and had never been to the Horse Park, the Park is not that big size
wise in endurance ride thinking and I am just curious as to where they are
going to hold the 2010 WEC endurance ride?  Will it be held at the Kentucky
Horse Park or will it be held off site like Daniel Boone State Park  where
there are miles of trails?

Also, I would like to send thanks to Gunner Palm and all the volunteers and
vets and Nancy the timer.  It was a good ride with easy to follow trail
markings.  There was alot of excitement Friday afternoon when a strong storm
passed through and a large tree fell on two horse trailers, horses running
around - no one hurt.  And later when the two cranes, fork lifts and chain saw
crews arrived to take the tree down.  Sorry I do not have names or results, I
do know 23 started the fifty on Saturday and 20 finished.

Anyway, just curious as to where they are going to find 100 miles to do a ride
if they keep it at the horse park.

Roxanne

PS Huge thanks to my friend Donna Beale who volunteered to crew for me.....
have never had a crew before.....wow.....no wonder people with crews look so
energetic at the end of the day....that was a treat for me.