[RC] Cavalry - Karen Franklin

I really enjoyed the coverage of the OD and was intrigued by the rider who chose to ride under Cavalry Rules.  I read the OD page covering those rules and am now even more interested.  Are there any other rides around the country that offer this option, or is it a given at any 100?  Is this option offered at any other distance (LD, 50, 75, multiday, etc.).  Finally, while I don’t want to become mired down in weight class issues, since the rider obviously has to carry more with them, does this affect the weight divisions, ie, is there a higher cut-off for each division?  Thanks.

Karen E. Franklin

Geologist

Fort Worth, TX