[RC] OD: Side Topic - Tx Trigger

Interesting after scanning the rule book this AM, I could not find any place that allowed management to be able to "flex" and allow more time if the conditions presented themselves.

Sooo, conditions are nasty, and the vets want a little longer hold times, so riders give their horses a bit more time to eat, drink, what ever, but then they have to push harder on the trail to finish in the time allowed.  Or, they shorten hold times, so riders have more trail time, but then are they giving the horses enough time in camp. Reading Angie's description of the horses and riders on the 30, it sounded like maybe a lot of riders were on heavy bodied horses, or ones who do not do much distance riding, on their Fox-hunters. Fit, I'm sure, but AERC rides are not their normal sport.

I think I'd like to see management given some flexibility to the allowed time if conditions are as such, that more time would be in the best interest of the animals.  But, those two that finished within the time allowed...would they feel the same, since they DID finish in time???

Thanks John for bringing this up, as I had never really thought about what management was allowed to do as far as time allowed if conditions needed more time.

Jonni in TX