[RC] Murphy's law... - Spottedracer

The last 24 hours has TRULY been a BITCH!! (pardon the french!)

Dakota never came in - so I went to pick her up last night. Called the vet to schedule an ultrasound on friday.... Stopped by the gas station to get myself, my daughter and Cheryl some drinks.. Found out my daughter had dropped the contents of my purse, somewhere out on my farm when she moved it from my car to the truck... So Cheryl ended up covering the drinks.. (thanks!)

Pulled outt've the gas station, rollin' on down the road just as nice as can be.. Then we hit 30+mph - the rpms shoot up, and the Trans never shifts outt've 2nd.. CRAP!!!!! 3rd gear and OD have just simply disappeared!!  Since we were only 3 miles from the house, and my 1/2 ton cannot pull the trailer - we ended up pissing off all the cars behind us - and cruised home at a whopping 25mph!  It's now got an appointment with our mechanic on Tues... sigh.. this'll HURT!$!$!$!$!

Came home today, received a WONDERFUL letter in the mail from my college's financial aid department... Seems that all those worthless college hours from the early 90's have come back to haunt me.. And even though I've been on Dean's list for 3+ years, have just 2 semesters left before I receive 2 BS degrees, Top of my class, passed every test so far for teacher licensure ----- well Uncle Sam has now taken all my $$$$ away because I've got too many hours! By-by loans, grants and Fed. scholarships.. I can now kiss over $15K away for the year....(granted I NEVER received FA until '05... that's another story altogether!)

Sigh, yep been a very expensive and disappointing 24 hours! I'm down - but I'm far from out!!  Might not be breeding any mares this year - may ONLY make it to BSF this fall..... But damn it - I'll still walk down that isle in the spring, I'll still keep my mounts in condition...And I guess I'll be REAL used to eating Ramon Noodles, homegrown beef and homegrown veggies!

- LP